Sip on this squeeze of the week that I call The Citrus Fizzy.
What I love about this drink is that the bitterness of the grapefruit vodka and lime tonic is complimented by the sweet and dense pomegranate juices. The ginger ale gifts the perfect amount of bubble while the lemon juice keeps the cocktail crisp and tangy.
This spring inspired cocktail will have you feeling fuzzy, fizzy and refreshed all at once.
- 2 oz grapefruit flavored vodka
- 1 oz pomegranate berry juice
- 1 cap of lemon juice or fresh squeezed to taste
- 1 oz tonic with lime
- 2 oz ginger ale
- Orange or Grapefruit wedges
- Pure Cane Sugar
Note: Any brand of vodka around 35% alcohol content will be of decent quality. The brand I chose to use was SKYY infusion vodka because it was on sale for $11.99. I knew I was using the vodka with mixers. If I were to be making shots, I would’ve gone with a smoother vodka but this brand will suffice for a mixed drink that is fun and fruity and blends well with the other flavors.
1. Slice the orange and run the slice around the drink’s rim to coat it in fresh juice.
2. Dip the rim your glass in pure cane sugar or any flavored sugar of your choice.
3. Fill your glass with ice to the tippy top.
1. Chill the 2 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of pomegranate berry juice and squeezed lemon in your shaker with crushed ice.
2. Strain the liquid and pour it over the ice.
3. Top with 1 ounce of tonic with lime and 2 ounces of ginger ale.
Garnish your Citrus Fizzy with leftover grapefruit or orange wedges.
Then sip it and get lit!
I hope you enjoy this fun yet simple spring inspired recipe.